Friday, November 15, 2013

Feast for the Eyes - Autumn in Eastern Kansas

Can someone tell me where October went? I seem to have misplaced it.  In truth, I've been so busy appreciating and photographing our longest-lasting and most beautiful Autumn in years, that I have not sat down to create a blog entry! Each time I would have a chance to go out with my camera, the weather would be forecast to turn and I was sure that all the color would be gone in the next day or two.  The "next day or two" lasted almost six weeks!

I got a great deal on a large pumpkin this year, and though I don't consider myself a carving artist, I think this freehand g+ was pretty imaginative.  When I posted this, I told everyone that my Halloween wish was for the Great Pumpkin to bring Google Fiber to my neighborhood!  I'll let you know how that works out!
Maple and Ash Trees


I have been very fortunate to be able to capture digitally a lot of color that my eyes have seen this year - so I thought I'd try and put a few of the photos I took here, all together.  I hope you enjoy seeing these colors in photos as much as I enjoyed seeing the original!




Silver Maple

Silver Maple, taken with my cell phone on my morning walk

Silver Maple, one week later (from pic above)

Oak Tree

Oak Tree
Oh my gosh, the colors!

Oak Tree
Oak Tree