Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Peace of Mind Jewelry

Some of the many gemstone bracelets available
 Whether it is Beaded, Beading or Wire-wrapped, when it comes to stones and crystals I love them - and they know it!  They bring me peace of mind by their true nature; and my appreciation and recognition of them amplifies their vibration for you when you add one of my creations to your personal collection.

 No matter what type of jewelry I am making, a good foundation must come first.  I use the highest quality beading wire (Softflex), and sterling silver crimp beads, headpins and ear wires, unless otherwise stated (I  love working in copper and brass metals also).  Then comes the inspiration, in all its variety - and before long my workshop looks exactly like what it's been through - a design frenzy! All designs are my own, and one of a kind (OOAK).
3-strand w/glass snail focal bead
Although I work primarily with semi-precious stones, I also enjoy doing off-loom seed bead weaving. These are pieces that have my love of sewing in them.  I come from a long line of women who, between four generations on the planet at one time, covered just about every needle art there is.  I think seed-beading combines several of these techniques together, and I find it very easy to believe my grandmother and
Peyote Bracelet in Triangle Seed Beads
great-grandmother are looking over my shoulder (quite proud of the fact that I remembered what I was taught) when I finish one of these pieces!

Brazilian Quartz in Sterling Silver
Wire-wrapping currently represents the smallest percentage of my 'in-store stock.' Each piece is not only a labor of love (as they all are), but a different and intense type of focus for me.  Sometimes it takes a while for the stone to tell me how it wants to be wrapped.  I have dug many clear quartz crystal in Hot Springs, AR, and enjoy making wraps that are truly unique and 'organic.' At other times (with both the quartz I have found and the many other stones and cabochons in my collection), it will jump right out at me -that's when I feel my best work occurs!

I also make Custom Jewelry, and greatly enjoy meeting or talking with a client to get a feel for what is desired.  Drop me a line if you have something in mind we could co-create.





***Coming Soon:  Pages of Necklaces, Bracelets, Earrings and Beadwork - all available to buy with Paypal.***

For a quick preview of some Necklaces, see my You Tube videos here and here.  Please enjoy the views until I get my online store up and running.  Until then, thank you so much for visiting!